WHO WE ARE
Redemption Student Ministry fosters a missional culture for Junior High and High School Students that seeks to make disciples, join together as members of a family, and mobilize missionaries with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our Objectives as a Student Ministry are to:
- Challenge Students to be good readers of the Bible in order to respond faithfully to God.
- Equip Parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children at home.
- Develop Student Leaders who lead their peers in Bible reading and living.
WHAT WE DO
Day and Time: Wednesdays from 6:30PM – 8:00PM
Wednesday Evening Schedule:
- 6:30PM – 6:40PM – Arrival and Games
- 6:45PM – 7:00PM – Announcements and Worship Songs
- 7:00PM – 7:20PM – Large Group Study
- 7:25PM – 8:00PM – Small Group Study
- Student Game Night is on the 5th Wednesday of each month.
- Parent Connection Night is once a month during regular Student Ministry hours where parents gather for snacks, coffee, fellowship, and prayer.
- Student Evangelism opportunities are offered every other month where students and parents together can come to a planned location to engage our community with the Gospel.
In-Home Events are once a month activities where families host the students in their home for dinner, games, and fellowship.
WHAT WE ARE STUDYING
The students are studying through the Bible with the Gospel Project Curriculum. The purpose of the Gospel Project is to study through the entirety of the Bible and see how it all points to Jesus. We study specific verses during the large group studies and then discuss how the Bible should change our lives in small groups. We encourage all students to complete the Gospel Project Daily Discipleship Guide that is provided for them. The Gospel Project Daily Discipleship Guide is a great resource for family discipleship at home.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED
- Weekly Student Ministry Update Email
- Regular (but not annoying) text message reminders
- Download the Church Center App, search for student ministry, and turn on notifications
If you are not included on one or either of these, please email Casey Swails at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Ministry Activities:
- Parent Connection Opportunities on Wednesdays during regular youth hours: February 1st, March 1st, April 5th, May 3rd, June 7th, July 5th, August 2nd, September 6th, October 4th, November 1st, December 6th.
- In-Home activities: January 21st, March 18th, May 27th, August 26th, October 28th
- Student Evangelism Activities: February 11th, April 15th, September 16th
Details for all student ministry activities will be sent out via the Weekly Student Ministry Update email and text messages. You also can receive updates via Church Center App notifications.
If you have any questions about the student ministry, please connect with Casey Swails at email@example.com.