In the summer of 2004, Bobby had a great experience in Burley, Idaho working at a local church. God showed him that his priorities in life were centered around his own achievement rather than God’s desires. He realized then that he wanted to spend the rest of his life pointing people to Jesus.
After finishing up seminary in New Orleans in 2009, God called Bobby and Lindsay to serve as youth pastor at Mountain View Baptist Church in Layton, Utah. It was during his time there that God started giving him a vision for Redemption Church. Along with his family and a small core team, Bobby started Redemption Church in 2013. The Woods love the uniqueness of Ogden and Weber State University.
In 2016, Bobby transitioned out of his roll as a full-time pastor at Redemption and into a full-time roll as a Church Planting Catalyst with the North American Mission Board. He now serves with NAMB as the Send City Missionary for Salt Lake City where he helps guide planting in Utah. Bobby is a lay pastor at Redemption and preaches several times a month on Sunday mornings.
- B.A. in Political Science from University of South Carolina
- M.Div. from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- From Summerville, SC
- Bobby is married to Lindsay and they two daughters and two sons.
- Hobbies: South Carolina Gamecock fan, hiking, talking theology, ultimate frisbee, and spending time with my family
Casey joined the ministry team at Redemption Church in August of 2021. Casey previously served as pastor of Crestview Baptist Church in Lancaster, South Carolina. He also served two terms as a summer missionary at Redemption in 2016 and 2017 during his college years. Casey finished his Master of Divinity degree at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in December of 2022.
- Originally from Lugoff, SC
- BA in Christian Studies with a minor in Communication from Charleston Southern University
- Master of Divinity From Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Casey is married to Ariel and they have two sons.
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, hiking
Worship Arts Pastor
Daniel accepted the call to ministry while attending the University of Arkansas in 2004. He began his ministry as Worship Pastor at FBC Westwego in January of 2007. After spending almost 9 years in the New Orleans area, Daniel joined the pastoral team at Redemption Church in 2015.
- B.A. in Communication from University of Arkansas
- M.Div. from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Born and raised in Fayetteville, AR
- Daniel is married to Janna and they have two sons.
- Hobbies: Playing music, hiking, biking, hunting, Razorback Sports, traveling, roasting coffee
Nick has been confident in his relationship with Christ for a long time, and during college God made it clear to him that he wanted him to serve in full time ministry. Nick has been in full time ministry for the past 20 years and has considered himself blessed to serve God in that capacity. Before coming to Utah, the Ericksons lived in South Carolina where they served in two different churches. Nick has been a part of the pastoral team at Redemption Church since 2016.
- B.S. in Youth Ministry from Huntington University
- M.Div from Southeastern Theological Seminary (in progress)
- From Bradley, IL
- Nick Is married to Jenny and they have two daughters and a son.
- Hobbies: Notre Dame Football, golf, hiking, eating good food and spending time with my family
Tim and his wife, Jessica, have been involved in pastoral ministry since 1995. In the late 1990’s they began to sense that God was leading them to Utah, and they moved to Ogden in the spring of 2000. For 19 years Tim served as the founding pastor of Summit Church in Ogden until God opened the doors for Summit and Redemption Church to join together in the spring of 2019. Tim serves on staff at Redemption part-time, and he is also employed as a supervisor at Weber Area 911 And Emergency Services District.
B.A. in Theology from Welch College in Tennessee.
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tim is married to Jessica and they have five kids.
Hobbies: Backpacking, reading, studying apologetics, fishing
Women's Ministry Director
Debbie joined the leadership team at Redemption in the summer of 2019. She has a passion for connecting women to each other and also to the greater church body through serving, discipleship, and hands on ministry.
- From Boise, Idaho
- Debbie is married to Steve and they have four daughters and six grandchildren.
- Hobbies: Anything to do with the mountains or the ocean, hiking, baking, spending time with family, reading
Children's Ministry Director
Kalyn moved to Utah in the summer of 2015 to serve as a summer missionary. When the summer ended, she decided the Lord was calling her to plan her life here! After serving for several years in various volunteer roles at Redemption, Kalyn became the Children’s Ministry Director in the spring of 2020. She has a passion for helping kids understand the gospel and to make it real in their lives.
- Originally from New Orleans, LA
- B.S. in Psychology and Biology from William
- M.B.A from Columbia Southern
- Kalyn is married to Collin and they have one son.
- Hobbies: Hiking, gardening, snow skiing
Men's Ministry Director
Steve has been directing the Men’s Ministry at Redemption since 2020. Steve’s desire is to see men get connected in the body of Christ, deepen their relationships with other men, and lead their families in a Godly way.
- Originally from Boise, Idaho
- Steve is married to Debbie and they have four daughters and six grandkids.
- Hobbies: Camping, Boise State football, hiking, archery, sitting around a firepit